North Italia is an open and seductive restaurant that may look like “just another restaurant” with tables and chairs in the beginning, but chooses to reveal its true ambiance once you notice the mingling of strangers, couples and groups who are aware of its magic before you accept the invitation to join the muster of all things enjoyable.
Welcoming enough for a lone-wolf visitor looking for delectable fare, the atmosphere oozes with the essence of a hypnotic destination for couples, groups and a noteworthy pre-drink spot before an epic, memorable night.
Great for Date Night, menu items we suggest (from their Dinner menu) to complement your evening include:
NORTH ITALIA APPETIZERS/SMALL PLATES:
- Chef’s Board
- Italian Meatballs – (pairs well with Whoop & Holler by Orphan Barrel)
- Black Mediterranean Mussels
- Bolognese – (pairs well with Angel’s Envy Bourbon)
- Red Wine Glazed Short Rib
- Grilled Branzino
Try the above in the order that appeals to you, what you like or don’t like, or based on trying something new. It doesn’t matter (to us), they’re all delicious. In addition to our suggestions above, North Italia also offers Pizza options, Pastas, and Salads.
If you’re a Bourbon enthusiast, view the full Bourbon-exploration video with North Italia here. If you want the quick & fast version, view it here (about 3 mins).
NOTE: These videos are coming soon. Please follow us on YouTube to be the first to know when.
Great for individual visits to the bar, date nights and group’s night out (with a reservation), North Italia is an Austin, Texas destination that needs to be included on any local’s or visitor’s list.
View North Italia’s full dinner menu here.
Curious about North Italia options other than the ones mentioned here? Here are a few menu items and Bourbon pairing to consider:
(1) Grilled Branzino — cipollini onion, fennel, broccolini, farro, lemon & butter
(2) Red Wine Glazed Short Rib — heirloom carrot, swiss chard, creamy mascarpone polenta
- Yellow Rose Outlaw
- Eagle Rare
(3) Rosemary Chicken — roasted seasonal vegetable, lemon pan sauce
- Basil Hayden’s
(4) Filet of Beef — crispy potato, roasted mushroom, cipollini onion, marsala
- Orphan Barrel Whoop & Hollar
- Angel’s Envy